Wednesday 13 April 2011

Final Amendments for my magazine


I have now completed my magazine and I will now state the final improvements I have made. On my front cover I decided to remove the banner from along the bottom of the page. Although, I believed this was a good idea at first, after feedback it seemed that the magazine was two symmetrical and was boxed together. I have also removed one of the straplines as there was to many on the front cover and seemed as though they filled up all the spaces on my cover. I have also increased the size of my headline as this is the most important feature on the magazine and should be the most noticeable.
This is my final contents page and I have only made slight changes to this. I have made all of the news and features and the regulars articles smaller as upon feedback I was told they look to large and not what is normally seen in a magazine. I have also made the news and features and the regulars titles, be in line with one another so again it looks more professional. I have also shortened down my editors letter as it was to long before. I have finally made a change to the title of the contents page. I have changed the words from "Welcome to Radar!" to "This week in Radar!", I have done this because I believe it looked more realistic of what you would see withinn a magazine.

This is my final copy of my double page spread. The changes I have made to this are firstly I have changed the right hand page colour to a pale blue. This is the same colour as my contents page and shows a contrast between both the contents page and the double page spread. I have also placed a drop capital at the start of the article, this is a traditional convention of what is found in a music magazine. I also placed a pull quote within my magazine, I decided to place this in my magazine as it will attract the audience to read the article. I also created a headline at the top of the page instead of just a quote, this again is what a typical magazine does and I believed it would be better if I used a headline.

No comments:

Post a Comment