Wednesday 24 November 2010

How often to publish my magazine and the price

I have decided to publish my magazine on a fortnightly basis. I believe this is the best choice of publishing issues because people in my target audience frequently talk about the latest news in what is happening to music stars. Also, I have come up with this decision because of my analysis of three other music magazines. Q magazine that wouldn't attract my target audience was published monthly, X Factor magazine was published weekly and Top of The Pops magazine was also published monthly. I decided not to publish weekly because be time a story is finished edited and printed in a magazine it may be old news. By publishing a magazine monthly I believe it is to long to wait for new stories to be published.
I have decided to price my magazine at £2.25, I believe this is a reasonable price to pay on a fortnightly basis because relating it to my target audience of 16-24. Based on demographics, this age range will be able to afford the price on a fortnightly basis. People in this age group may not be earning a wage, or may be earning a minimum wage so this is a suitable price to set. From also re-looking at my analysis of magazines the prices of these magazines where X factor £1.95, Q £4.50 and Top of the pops magazine was priced at £2.35. I have priced mine around the same price as X factor and Top of the Pops as they are the kind of magazines I am looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment