Friday 12 November 2010

LIIAR interpretation of the brief contents page

Now i am going to discuss the contents page of what a music magazine should contain. The format of LIIAR will again be used to interpret what features I could include on my contents page.
Language-The language contained on the contents page of a music magazine has many features. On a contents page there is a lot of written codes. Included in this are things such as the page numbers and what is contained on each page. There is often images on contents pages which illustrate who and what an article is about, further of in the magazine. They could be also advertisements on the page, which are usually found at the bottom of the page. The style of the contents page and colour scheme should be constant such as the background. And things such as the size and font should be the same as the front cover. This would show that I am keeping the format the same and this then makes the magazine look more professional and shows a consistent look throughout.
Institution-Now I have researched different types of publishing companies such as Bauer IPC and Conde Nast. I have decided to choose my publishing company as Bauer. I believe this publishing company is the best one as it shows it has a gap in the market. This company produces fashion magazines such as heat and more!, which are aimed at the younger audience. This then relates with my audience as the music magazine I am going to produce, is aimed at teenagers. After researching the Internet I have understood that there isn't really that many magazines that are aimed at this target group, which is another reason why I have decided to choose this genre and aim my magazine at this particular audience.
I have decided not to choose the other two companies I researched because they didn't really have an appeal to the genre of magazine I am producing. The publishing company IPC produces typical rock genres of magazines such as NME. The other company I researched, Conde Nast was aimed at much older high class target audience. This meant it had no relevance to me in producing a pop music magazine. When I researched the company Conde Nast I also found out that they didn't produce any music magazines so this company doesn't relate to what I am focusing on.
Ideology- The ideology of a music magazine gives a meaning, whether this be a stereotypical point of view or moral values. This message can be given through the meaning of a picture. Again
Audience- The audience of my contents page is the same as the audience I discussed about in my interpretation of my front cover. This isn't going to change as I am going to aim it at the same audience.
Representation- The representation of my contents page is again the same as my representation on the front cover of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment