Wednesday 17 November 2010

My chosen music genre and target audience

After researching into the main existing publishing companies (Bauer, IPC and Conde Nast), I have decided to choose my genre of music as pop. This is the genre I am going to focus on and is the best to base my magazine on. I have made this decision as I believe there is a suitable gap in the market to aim my magazine at. My chosen target audience is based roughly in the range of 15-24 year old. I have chosen this target audience as there isn't hardly any magazines in this age ranged purely based on pop music. There is a few examples such as the X Factor magazine known as the "X magazine". This however is based on a TV show and doesn't focus on bands or solo singers who are already successful in the music industry or bands/solo artists that are featuring on the show. There is also magazines which still exist such as Top of The Pops, and some that don't exist such as Smash hits, which show the genre I am focusing on but are aimed at a younger target audience. I believe there should be a magazine aimed at people such as students about current pop bands. These may include artists such as The Saturdays, JLS, The Wanted, and solo singers such as Katy Perry and Pixie Lott. So therefore, this is why I have decided to choose my magazine genre as pop music and my target audience to be around 15-24. This then means I will be aiming at the people in categories E and D in the social grades classing.

No comments:

Post a Comment