Tuesday 9 November 2010

LIIAR interpretation of the brief front cover

In this post I am going to talk about the brief through LIIAR. LIIAR stands for Language, Institution, Ideology, Audience and Representation and these features should be included in my music magazine. I will first discuss about the LIIAR interpretation on the front cover and then talk about the contents and the double page spread.
Language-One example of language that should be contained on the front cover of the magazine is the masthead. The masthead is one of the most important features of a magazine because its should stand out clearly. It should have relevance to the magazine and not any random name as this wouldn't be professional. Another example of media language is a main feature, this should be catchy and would relate to the article I am going to produce within my magazine. This headline should be a phrase that may summarises the main point of the main feature. These should be bold also. I should also include a main image and several other images. This is good to include because when customers take a glimpse of magazines in a shop they will look at the main image. This could result in the customer buying the magazine or not. These images could be took from various angle points. The shots could also be a long shot, medium close up shot and close up shot. I believe a medium close up shot would be better but after research this might be different. I should include a consistent colour scheme and a consistent house style. It should also include a price, date, issue number, bar code, smaller features and maybe subtitles.
Institution-After researching different types of publishing companies such as Bauer IPC and Conde Nast. I have decided to choose my publishing company as Bauer. I believe by using this publishing company, it shows that it's the best one as it has a gap in the market. As the publishing company produces fashion magazines such as heat and more! for the younger audience. The music magazine I will produce will be aimed at this target audience as there is nothing produced in this section of the market. I have decided not to choose the other two companies I researched because they didn't really have an appeal to the genre of magazine I am producing. The publishing company IPC produced typical rock genres of magazines such as NME. The other company I researched Conde Nast was aimed at much older high class target audience and not the young middle class audience. They also didn't produce any music magazines so this company didn't really appeal to me.
Ideology-  The ideology of a music magazine gives a meaning, whether this be a stereotypical point of view or moral values. This message can be given through the meaning of a picture. At the moment I am unsure of the ideology of my magazine as I haven't produced it yet, but once done I will produce a post on the ideology of it.
Audience-My target audience for my magazine is the younger generation and my genre of music I am going to be focusing on is pop music. This therefore means my magazine will be of pop music genre. My aim of my magazine is to portray an image that I have included all of the latest bands. This will be typically aimed at teenagers, who listen, buy and download the current music around at the moment.
Representation-The representation of my magazine will be shed in a positive way this will be reflected through the image on the front cover of my magazine. Again I am not 100% sure of my representation of my magazine so I will post it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment